Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday and A Change of Heart

As a practicing Catholic, I put a lot of stock into the church holiday's and seasons.  Lent has always been a special one for me.  Lent is a time for reflection.  A time for making peace...with yourself, and if needed, with God. 

This year lent is different for me.  Normally, Lent is an exploratory time.  I search deep and dig out what needs to be dusted off and made fresh.  This year, I am entering into Lent knowing full well the things that need to change in my life.  My heart is already lighter knowing these things. 

I would like to share with you my favorite Lenten song.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder...I was out of town for a funeral and completely forgot today is Ash Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this Donna!
    I have had several friends over the past years that practice Lent. Although it is something that is not done in my religion I do believe it is a neat event and several times I have thought of doing something...I need to quit drinking soda ... I should do that for 40 days! Dang, why did I say that ... now I need to do it! Grr, the struggle....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! What a good way for me to start my day. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are Catholic too! It can be hard when you are alone-and we are in the South, where we're few and far between! ; )
    I love Lent-it such a time of renewal! : ) I found you over at the February's basal on ourdiabeticlife.com : ) Yay for your new change-staying home! : )

    ReplyDelete